NY Hire Now: Immediate Job Openings
Unemployment Insurance Information
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance FAQ (updated 4/20/20)
Relief for workers affected by Coronavirus: Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
If you are filing a new unemployment insurance claim, the day you should file is based on the first letter of your last name. If your last name starts with:
- A – F, file your claim on Monday
- G – N, file your claim Tuesday
- O – Z, file your claim on Wednesday
- If you missed your filing day, file your claim on Thursday or Friday.
Filing later in the week will not delay your payments or affect the date of your claim, since all claims are effective on the Monday of the week in which they are filed.
Here is a step by step process to file a claim online.
Guidance for self-employed individuals claiming unemployment insurance
We are extending telephone filing hours as follows:
Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 7:30 pm.
Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Saturday, 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
What you need to know and do about the CARES Act
Important Information for Unemployment Insurance Claimants: NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines.
Career Center News
- Rockland Adult and Community Education (RACE) programs are now being offered on virtual on-line platforms. This includes Career Training, TASC, English, Youth Connections, and Workforce Literacy.
- COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave guidance
- Guidance for Employees
- Unemployment Insurance COVID-19 Information
United Way of Rockland County COVID-19 Community Resource Guide